Friday, August 13, 2010

Softlips PURE Natural Lip Balm - Review

Confession:
In two days, I have bought seven Softlips lip balms & five Joe Fresh Style Frais lip stains...



Why?

I needed a lip balm to replace my EOS lip balm (not available in Canada) and found $2 off coupons for both Softlip products and Joe Fresh Lip Products (via CanadianFreeStuff.com and Halifax of Sparkled Beauty).
I know, I know I went a overboard! I lower my head in shame.
I initially had issues using the Softlips coupon at Wal-Mart where I found the double packs of Softlips but had zero issues when I purchased the Softlips Pure at Superstore. I went to Wal-Mart again the day after where I had issues again trying to buy the same double packs but eventually the store manager gave in. I don't want ot get too into it but coupon-ing in Vancouver sucks, end of story!

Onto the Review (shorter, less sweet review at the bottom):

I can't find this particular lip balm on the Softlips website (US or CA) so I'm not sure if the one I bought is being discontinued. Softlips PURE Natural Lip Balm retails for about $5 at Superstore and as much as $5-$7 at Shoppers Drug Mart. With my $2 off coupon, I got the Softlips PURE Natural Lip Balm for something like $4.
I generally love Softlips products but I'm surprised that I dislike this one. I had a choice between the Citrus scented or fragrance-free version but I chose the latter. Similar to the Softlips Sweet Lip Balms, Softlips PURE is easy to apply and has a slick feel to it with a bonus gloss-like finish. Unfortunately, the Softlips PURE feels a tad too slick almost as if I melted butter on my lips. Yuck. While it is unscented which I like, this lip balm wears too quickly. I find myself reapplying it every hour! I can't take a sip of water without having all of the lip balm wash right off. It moisturizes well granted it stays on my lips long enough. I use it before I get into bed and I wake up with lovely moisturized lips. I will only use this before bed time as it's not practical to have to reapply every hour during the day. I feel that if I use this 24/7, I would go through one tube too quickly and paying in full would become very costly.

Here's Softlips PURE Natural Lip Balm ontop of Joe Fresh Lip Stain in Sheer Pink:


See that glossy finish? It's like wearing a lipgloss that never fades (but it does..).

What I liked

- moisturizing
- unscented
- glossy finish
- light weight

What I disliked
- greasy
- wear time (1 hour)
- expensive

Bottom line is, I wouldn't repurchase and I do not recommend it. Softlips Sweet Lip Balms are much better although I wish they weren't so expensive for such tiny tubes..
P.S. Sorry for the lack of ingredients list! I can't find it online and I've already thrown out the packaging!

2 comments:

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Shoppers has the Softlips 2 for $5 this week, so they'd come out .50 a piece if I use 2 coupons for 2, but they didn't accept printed coupons as they said it's photocopy-able??? I was upset.

Yay for taking advantage of the $2 coupons at Joe. I only got 1 lipstain :) Sheer Pink looks good on you

Ashley said...

It didn't occur to me that I could use 2 coupons for the BOTH of the Softlips at Shoppers! I only used one :( I don't know what's up with the Softlips coupon but they seem to be causing a lot of trouble :\
And thank you so much! I think Sheer Pink and Grapefruit are the only flattering lipstains for me. Every other color is too bright or too dark.. but they are worth it!

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com