Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting Lucky

It's Tuesday! Wait, what's so special about Tuesday, you ask? Triple 'O' Tuesdays, duh!
Every Tuesday, Triple O's has their original burger (aka. White Spot's Legendary Burger) for $3.33 (down from the original $4.69). I'm having two for dinner.. don't judge!
You can also make it a combo (fries & a drink) for an extra $2. I assure you, this is waaay better than a McDonalds combo. The Legendary Burger calls itself the "Sauciest, Juiciest, Tastiest", definitely not the juiciest but it sure is tasty and I always ask for extra mayo! the mayo is the best part!
Besides my dinner plans, I thought I'd share some of the beauty related products I bought last week. I have accumulated quite a bit...

Last Wednesday, with no intentions on picking either of these items up, I went home with:
The Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette in "LUST" for $4CAD (not including tax). I was more interested in "Greed" but there weren't any left in stock. "Pride" and "Vanity" are nice to have but I don't need them as I hardly use blues or teals and I have an abundance of neutrals. I also find it ironic that Greed features peachy, pastel pinks yet the word itself feels more green. Back to Lust; the palette features 3 matte eyeshadows and 3 sparkle induced eyeshadows:

Both pictures were taken with indoor lighting; left with flash and right without.













After a long debate on whether I should/n't, I ended up grabbing the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller for $11.97 (down from $15.97).
(No picture for this one, sorry!)

Onto Hard Candy cosmetics which felt very promising at the start but led to a bit of "meh" syndrome... It took me a month of searching to finally find Hard Candy stocked at a Wal-Mart, not too far from me but still not as close as the supercenter 5 minutes from my house. It turns out the Supercenter near me isn't stocking Hard Candy... What the ****??? Annoying but at least I know where it is and that it is available to me!
All I picked up from the Hard Candy collection was the Baked Blush in Honeymoon and Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder. I'm not enjoying the baked blush much as a blush but it can work as a great highlighter. I wish I chose Pin Up instead when I was debating either or... :\
Also, the mattifying powder isn't so great. I went home to look for comparison reviews of MAC's Blot Powder(??) & apparently this one doesn't hold up as well. I figured the same, as my t-zone gets oily just as much as without the Welcome Matte. I'm doing a quick short review on that soon, don't worry!

(The Body Shop Cheek & Face Powder next to Hard Candy Baked Blush)

All in all, cute packaging & a friendly price. I only wish the the ingredients were nicer.
My TOP favorite purchase of all is the, The Body Shop 02 Cheek and Face Powder (Berry). I got it for a STEAL of a price at $8.90CAD before taxes. That's almost HALF of the original price *happy dance*!

You can see that I took one photo outdoors in natural lighting and the second photo indoors.
It's actually a cool toned blush despite the warmness of the indoor photo.
Last but not least, I bought the infamous Queen Helene Mint Julip Masque. I had no idea this was available in Canada , why didn't anyone tell me??! Where, you ask? *DRUM ROLL, please??* Alive! Alive is a vitamin and supplement store in Canada. I'm not sure if there are many but I do know (now) that they carry two Queen Helene facial masques and many different oils. If you're in Vancouver, Metrotown has an Alive store next to the pretzel shop, next to Beard Papas! I'm going to test this out for a while so wait for the good/bad news!
(No photo for this one too! Sorry =___=")
Anyway that pretty much wraps up this post. I was very lucky to find all of these half -bargins (The Body Shop, Hard Candy, Wet n Wild..) & unintentional finds (Queen Helene, Garnier..).
F.Y.I. - My intentions are not to brag about my purchases but to inform everyone where to buy things they're interested in and price points.
I will start writing the reviews for all of the products I purchased after a good week or month of testing. I'll catch you all later!
Edit: I apologize for the late, outdated post! I meant to post this on Tuesday but I had a lot of errands to do after work and was not able to publish this on time. At least now I can torture you with a picture of my deliciously half eaten burger!
P.S. Does anyone know how to use Blogger?? My posts are always rearranged after publishing and my font goes small and... ARGH!
Ciao,
Ashley!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com