Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hard Candy Visibly Wet Shockingly Gloss Lip Pencil - Review + Swatches

I have always been interested in "glossy lip pencils" but being the non-lip junkie that I am, I've never taken the time to try them. Drugstore brands like Wet n Wild, NYX and Hard Candy make a small collection of glossy lip pencils. Larger (and pricier) brands such as Tarte and Nars also carry the like.

When I stumbled upon an updated Hard Candy display at Wally's World, I had to pick up the newer shades of their Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencils. The five new shades - Inferno, Babe, Candy Apple, Jezebel and Brown Sugar are much more shocking than the original five. I picked up Candy Apple and Babe which are the lesser frightening shades:


L-to-R: Babe & Candy Apple.

If you like a bold lip look without a lot of work, these babies are (almost) perfection!


Top: Candy Apple Bottom: Babe
 
These glossy lip pencils are crazy pigmented! One swipe on the lips and there's no turning back. Apply it straight from the pencil and I assure you will get the exact same results as I did. I also tried these glossy lip pencils as lip stains and it works! Simply dab the lip pencils on the lips an blend with a lip brush or fingertips. I recommend using the fingertips as it evens out the color better. The outcome will be softer but don't worry, there's still that pop of color! Oh and don't worry if you're not into lip products with a taste or scent because the Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencils come without it!
The downside is that they aren't very glossy even though they're Glossy Lip Pencils. Of course they shine and some even shimmer but the lip pencil doesn't feel "glossy" or look a tad thicker like a lip gloss. I also find these lip pencils a tad drying on the lips so lip balm is necessary underneath these lip pencils.
My main concern is that the product transfers easily onto any surface. I learned that the hard way when my lips swiped against the sleeve of my yellow sweater... Another problem (for me) is that I have no lip pencil sharpener at this time and these pencils aren't automatic

Bottom Line:
I recommend the Hard Candy Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencils.
Hard Candy does not test on animals and these lip pencils don't exactly break the bank at $5.98 a piece. I love the insane amount of pigment these babies deliver and that's all there is to it.

Hugs & ^3^,
Ashley.

8 comments:

Angela said...

haha I posted today about the new HC products in store too!
I was totally wowed by how vibrant & gorgeous the colour looks on your lips, but it's too bad they transfer so easily! I am definitely a fan of lip gloss pencils--I have and like the ones from Quo and GOSH :3

Ashley said...

Angela,
OMG I want so many of the new HC products. I haven't even tried enough of their earlier releases.
But even though these lip pencils transfer onto almost any surface, an insane amount of pigment is still left on the lips. I'm really just worried about my light colored clothing!

Tracy @Beauty Reflections said...

OMG these look gorgeous! I haven't seem them yet here but I will definitely look for them now! Thanks!

Ashley said...

Tracy,
I'm liking these glossy lip pencils much more than the blush duo. I know you'll just love these too :)

Unknown said...

WOW! Those lip pencils look sooooo gorgeous!!! I've never bought any HC products before, but these pencils are a definite must see for me :)

Ashley said...

Rainy,
Definitely check them out! I fall in love with them more and more each time I wear it<3

B said...

These look fantastic on your lippies!

Ashley said...

Thanks B!
After I saw your swatches I just had to pick try these for myself. I'm so glad I did too!

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com