Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Review: Hada Labo GOKUJYUN Moisturizing Cream

The last Hada Labo GOKUJYUN product I have to review is the Moisturizing Cream.
This moisturizer is my least favorite Hada Labo product but it's worthy of a short review nonetheless.

Sasa's Description:


Hadalabo is a newly mutually-developed brands operated by Rohto (Japan) and Mentholatum (USA), with the concept of 'Perfect & Simple’. They bring you a series of skincare products with the highest purity of ingredients under strict quality control.
HadaLabo GOKUJYUN Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion is infused with super hyaluronic acid which deeply penetrates into skin. It keeps on moisturizing and softening skin, meanwhile enhancing skin’s water-binding ability, leaving skin supple, smooth and radiant. Weak acid, no fragrance, and no colorant.


Same as the cleanser and lotion, the moisturizer is loaded with "super hyaluronic acid" but free of fragrance and colorant. Read the two reviews here and here.
 The texture is that of a thick gummy-gel. Since the texture is thick and the formula is extremely hydrating, my face is left feeling and looking positively soft and hydrated the morning after I use it.

What I despise about the product is the application. It drags, literally. Half way through massaging the cream in, it'll get tacky and the tackiness prevents the cream from absorbing fully or allowing my fingers to glide smoothly across my face.
Thus, only 50% of the moisturizer absorbs and the remainder sits on top of my skin. You can only imagine how shiny my face looks. It's fine for night time but a definite no-go during the daytime even for the driest of skin. While there's noticeable shine, the feeling is more sticky than oily.

Housed in a jar, the packaging isn't too efficient or hygienic. The price however is commendable; less than $15USD. My mom paid $100HK/$13CAD for my jar at Bonjour. It's much cheaper than the Clinique Moisture Surge gel-cream and the results are the same.

Bottom Line:
Don't waste your effort hoarding this Hada Labo GOKUJYUN Moisturizing Cream. Make a bee line for the GOKUJYUN Lotion instead. Seriously, why haven't you picked up the lotion yet??!

4 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

Haha...I love that "bottom line" statement. ;) Hey, thanks for saving us some dough here.

(Changing your name is definitely a personal decision so stick with what you feel is best for you!)

Anonymous said...

Hm, I can see the pictures.
-scratches chin-

Paris B said...

Oh I didn't like this one too! Did you try patting it in? It helps... a tiny little bit :)

Ashley said...

Shop,
I like to save money just as much as I like to spend it. I figure that's how everyone else is :P

鬼,
I can't view them on Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. What are you using to host your pictures?

Paris B,
I think the best method is to have a slightly wet face while massaging this cream in. Patting is good too but it feels more greasy than sticky that way. Either way I dislike it & I'd rather load my face up with the SHA lotion ;P

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com