Monday, June 11, 2012

This or That: 100% Pure Argan Oil Hydration vs. Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration Facial Moisturizer

Finding a good daytime facial moisturizer is tough. For awhile now, I have been looking for one that provides a minimum of SPF 30 sun protection, hydrates but doesn't grease me up by noon, and comes in fuss-free packaging. I would also prefer it if the moisturizer played along nicely with my foundation. Then waltz in a wonderful pair - 100% Pure's Argan Oil Hydration Facial Moisturizer with SPF 30 and Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration with SPF 20. But what it all boils down to is which one I'll be repurchasing when the time comes!

SAM_0249
100% Pure Argan Oil Hydration & Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration Facial Moisturizer

Honestly, I thought the decision would be easy to make but just because Argan Oil Hydration has SPF 30, it doesn't bump itself to the top of the list. For starters, it HATES other products such as primer (all and any) and foundation. It enjoys pilling and driving me insane when I use it under or atop of such products. Also, it does get a wee bit greasy throughout the day, more so than the Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration.

While 100% Pure's Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration doesn't turn greasy quick or a lot, it also doesn't hydrate enough. I often add an extra layer of it to compensate for the lack of hydration. What bothers me most though, is the sun protection which is only SPF 20. I need a minimum of SPF 30! On the bright side, Organic Pomegranate does not pill under or above makeup.

Verdict:

Both moisturizers are practically at a tie. They both share the same fuss-free, glass bottle packaging with a perfect and even dispensing pump. I recommend and will repurchase both! For the days that I don't wear makeup, I will use Argan Oil Hydration and Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration for the days I do. My BB cream has SPF 42 so I am more than protected, in the end. Dry, dehydrated skin may enjoy Argan Oil Hydration most but the Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration is suitable for all skin types. And although both contain SPF, neither leave a white cast!

If you're interested in both daily moisturizers, it's a greater value to buy the SPF Skincare Duo on 100% Pure's website and/or select e-tailers. Alone, each moisturizer cost CAD $34/USD $26; fair price in my opinion.


Ingredients
100% Pure Argan Oil Hydration:
Active Ingredients: 24.8 % Zinc Oxide
Inactive Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice1, Rgania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, Rosa Canina Seed (Rosehip Oil) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Extracts of: Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf2, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Origanum Vulgar (Oregano), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Seed) Seed, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) and Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark (Cinnamon)

100% Pure Organic Pomegranate Antioxidant Hyrdation:
Active Ingredients: 15% Titanium Dioxide 10% Zinc Oxide
Inactive Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Juice)1, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Beeswax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf (White Tea) 2, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf (Rosemary), Origanum Vulgar Leaf (Oregano),Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf (Thyme), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) and Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark (Cinnamon)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclosure

Make-Up Kismet is a personal blog written and edited by myself. This blog was created to share my experiences with whom ever reads it.

All reviews posted are written by me and are my honest opinions. All products reviewed are purchased by me for personal and/or review purposes unless stated otherwise. Each person is different, as are our experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfying reaction to a product I review or recommend.

Photos on this blog are either from Google, other Bloggers or, my own. I try to depict all products as accurately as possible. I may edit photos for this purpose.



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com